I love eating clean…sometimes. Not going to lie, it feels good eating pizza, drinking wine, scarfing down French fries, all the comfort food you can think of, especially while we’re in this quarantine. But there are times when I need to detox and flush out those bad toxins. I’m trying not to let quarantine undo all the progress I made to get back in shape and eat better. I try not to eat out as much (that’s not easy) and try to cook as much as I can, but let’s be real, that gets old quick and sooooo boring! So, I tried to find healthy, fun recipes that are not only flavorful but also easy to make. Below are a few recipes I encourage you to try that are healthy, delicious and require very little effort to whip up.
What’s great about some of these dishes is that you can put them on a piece of toast, wrap or make it into a sandwich. There’s so much you can do and add to these dishes to make them really good that you won’t even realize you’re eating clean and healthy…you’re just eating!
Avocado Egg Salad
This is a tasty dish if you like eggs, tomato and avocado. I wasn’t sure how I would like it especially since I don’t like tomatoes (it’s a texture thing) but the tomato and all the other seasonings give it so much flavor and zest. I can’t stop eating this!
- ¼ cup avocado, cubed
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- ¼ cup roma tomato, diced (or cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Mix until combined
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Pasta Salad w/ Avocado, Tomato and Basil
Very light and easy to make. The flavors are so tasty, and if you use whole wheat/grain pasta noodles vs. white you get the health benefit and it doesn’t feel as heavy. White pasta has a tendency to cause me to bloat so going the lighter side with whole wheat is so much better.
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 pound cooked rotini pasta or similar (whole grain)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, cooked pasta, avocado, onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the dressing: vinegar, Italian seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken pasta. Toss gently until all the ingredients are combined.
- Can be served chilled. Enjoy!
Avocado Chicken Salad
When I say I cannot get enough of this dish…I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF THIS DISH! I end up eating the whole thing and barely have enough to share, which I’m okay with because I LOVE IT! If you like chicken salad and avocado I promise you this meal will not disappoint. Just do better than me and make enough.
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts shredded or chopped (or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ripe avocados pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup corn roasted, canned, or frozen
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, avocado, onion, avocados, corn, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with the lime juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently until all the Ingredients are combined.
Black Bean & Quinoa Snack Bowl
Who doesn’t love a healthy snack that not only energizes you but is light and also extremely good? This chick definitely does! If you are planning on revamping your cleaning eating grocery list you’ll likely already have these ingredients. What’s great is you can throw these and other ingredients like this together and feel so good about what you’re putting in your body.
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix until combined and serve.
I hope you all enjoy these wonderful and delicious recipes. I promise they will NOT disappoint you. Add your own twist and make it your own. You’re welcome in advance (LOL!). Enjoy, honeybees!
Tea With Honey does not own the rights to the photos of the dishes shown in this post.